Monday, August 4, 2008

It's gonna be a bright, bright, sun-shiny day


Scorching. That’s how the sun’s been feeling lately. Just two weeks ago, people here in Sabah were facing torrential rain and strong winds almost every day. Flash floods occurred and I even saw a billboard torn down by the winds one morning during my drive to work. That was no thanks to Sabah getting the tail-end of some typhoon.

But these past few days, it’s been almost unbearably hot. Just to prove how hot it is, yesterday, my wife and I had some clothes washing done in the afternoon. By the time the washing cycle was finished, it was already 1.30 pm. I took out the clothes from the washing machine and proceeded to dry them on the line under the sun. By 5.20 pm, the time I went back out to take the clothes in, half-expecting them to still be damp, I was absolutely surprised that there were all dry! And they were not thin articles of laundry even! I had some thick towels on the line, and they were dry, too! In 4 hours! How’s that for hot?


Today was equally sizzling. My car air-conditioning felt like it wasn’t working at all – all I felt was warm air blowing at my face and that was at the highest fan speed at the coolest temperature. And my car is tinted so it’s supposed to reject a lot of the heat. I can’t even imagine how drivers whose cars are not tinted feel when driving under these blistering conditions. Thank goodness for such technology as air-conditioning and window tints.


But at least in the evening it gets cooler. But I just had lamb chop for dinner and I don't think that's going to help any in getting a cool night's sleep...

Oh well.

7 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

It's equally scorching over here too. In fact, I'm actually breaking out in sweat as I write this comment. And to top it all off the haze has decided to join the scorching heat and do a duet!

Hope it rains soon or I'm probably going to melt away! LOL!

Mas Light said...

I can see clearly now the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way. XD it's the title...it is making me sing in the morning..and yes, it's been really really hot lately @_@ urgh...rain rain come back!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the temperature was still below 40C! try living here in Melbourne in summer! Sometimes, we have 40C and above days for 2-3 consecutive days. it's worse in places like Mildura. Oh well, hopefully, the rain will fall on the land below the wind soon. :)

carolchs said...

it was raining last night here in keningau...enough to cool down the weather a bit lah.

bagus cuci kereta cos according to Nick's theory *cough*, whenever he makes effort to wash his car, rain will definitely pour down after that. right, Nick?

carolchs said...

eii...btw, the picture is beuatiful!

Perry R. Lim said...

nick and maslight: yes. rain, rain, come!!!

ann: yes. I think cannot beat the heat. but here, as I'm sure you know, it's humid as well! urrgghh!

carol: ya kan? i have the same theory too! hey nick and massy, why don't all of us wash our cars?? then we'll get a raging storm! LOL!

Ratu Syura said...

it's about to rainnn.. heavilyy!! just when i thought it couldn't get any hotter! hehe..

 
ss_blog_claim=e22bcb184b7f0fc3f06d15b2b7f7110c