Friday, February 13, 2009

Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?

Some people never leave home without it.
Some people even go to bed with it.
Some people use it only for special occasions.
Some don't even believe in such things.
But, it's got to be said that some people are really in need of it.

Just what exactly am I talking about? I'm sure you know it. It's that ubiquitous thing that seeks to make us more alluring, more appealing, and some would say, more classy. But the English translation "toilet water" certainly doesn't conjure any kind of glamourous image for me. But, it is what it is, despite the rather odd name.

I was just persuaded to check this website touted as one of the UKs leading online shops for perfume and I was quite shocked. I'm not much of a perfume kind of person, but I know a few brand names. Immediate names that come to mind would be Davidoff, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Chanel, Ralph Lauren...but who would have known that there are over 120 design houses of perfumes? And while I know that Jennifer Lopez has her own line of perfumes, but I never knew that Kate Moss had hers as well! And Gwen Stefani?

But, I guess what's important is how it wears on you, right? Doesn't really matter whether it is a designer perfume or not, I think. Oh, another thing is how long it stays on you as well. I mean you wouldn't what to keep spraying that liquid gold on you just because it wears off so quickly, right? But, I suppose if the store you're getting it from offers you some really cheap perfume, you wouldn't mind spraying a bit more often, just so you'd smell nice all the time.

I've never bought perfumes on-line before, but now at least I know of a pretty good place do it if I ever decide to make that purchase to smell like a million bucks!

4 comments:

Mas Light said...

I'm getting tired of getting expensive branded perfume, so I got the one which is affordable with a nice smell XD

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I'm a cheapskate so I use those urmmm what do you call them, urmmm those compatible types for want of a better name. Right now I'm using a compatible Cool Water brand and it smells just the same though it doesn't last as long ... LOL!

Perry R. Lim said...

maslight: i know. but some of them really do smell heavenly, no?

Perry R. Lim said...

Nick: I'd call them inspirations, since they always say that their fragrance is inspired by one particular perfume.

Cool Water, huh? It's one of my favourites!

 
ss_blog_claim=e22bcb184b7f0fc3f06d15b2b7f7110c